Essay...
http://www.scribd.com/doc/21262579
With in the community...
- Family minded
- Possessing integrity
- An obsession to grow
The Community…
- A learning process
- Moving beyond narrow mindedness
- Broader thinking
- “If you don’t learn, your not living”
- “Everything is a learning process”
- Progress
Artistic Statement-
This project allowed me the opportunity to explore several new paths of technology. I have been using computers and cameras for years, even creating power points and online photo albums. However, this is the first time I have created a “Blog” and have tried to upload a slideshow to it; these are the parts which have presented the greatest difficulty for me. I initially believed I had an understanding and grasp of Google Blogger, however, as the project developed I started coming across various difficulties in publishing my presentation. I have worked with “Flickr” previously and thoroughly enjoyed uploading the photos and editing them; changing the colors, textures, settings, etcetera. Nevertheless, I struggled with combining my flickr slideshow with my blog, unsure if they actually uploaded together, and if my slideshow would continue to be visible to viewers. Flickr allowed me to edit my photos and showcase different elements of each one, helping viewers see my main focuses and intentions. I enjoyed being able to highlight aspects of photos, showing viewers what I saw and helping them see the main points.
This project also allowed me to experience a community in which I have not had any previous encounters. I was allowed to not only see the community but also to interact with various community members, meeting adults and kids who were both from and not from the area. While the individuals who did not live within the community were not able to explain certain everyday aspects for me, they, nonetheless, were able to help me see what working within the community was like. Several of the young individuals who I spoke with were able to give me a few insights into living within the community, what was going on, what it was like, and how they felt about it. While certain individuals were unable to explain certain elements of the community, they did focus on the expansions and progress occurring within; including the new construction and development of the park statue.
I enjoyed completing this project; however, with time I would like a better understanding of Google blogger and how its mechanics work. Even after the project is complete, I hope to continue working with blogger and manipulating new projects with it, experimenting to see what I can accomplish. I enjoyed being able to focus on the photographical element; sadly, when the photos were edited and expanded to fit into power point, some of their definition was lost, making the photos look blurry and pixilated. This is an element I will take into consideration when working on the next part, hopefully being able to use Google blogger with greater ease.
No comments:
Post a Comment